It looks like no one has yet announced the following job opening on the blog:
|Definition||Faculty – Open Rank|
|Assistant or Associate Professor|
|Competitive/Commensurate with rank and experience|
|UNM Main Campus (Abq)|
|With generous support from the Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation, the University of New Mexico Department of Philosophy is pleased to invite applications for a full-time tenure-stream position in Buddhist Philosophy at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The anticipated start date is August 2017. AOS: Buddhist Philosophy. AOC: Open. Customary undergraduate and graduate teaching duties, including thesis supervision, and non-teaching duties in Philosophy.We are seeking an outstanding scholar, with a strong background in Philosophy, who combines excellence in Buddhist Philosophy with intellectual breadth and curiosity; whose research will either contribute to or complement the Department’s current strength in South Asian Buddhist Philosophy; who is able to teach courses that contribute to the Department’s undergraduate major programs; who will enjoy working in a philosophically diverse department; and who has a demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and student success, as well as to working with broadly diverse communities.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with rank and experience. For best consideration, please apply by 19 October 2016. Only applications that include all of the materials described below under “Special Instructions to Applicants” will be considered complete. Position will remain open until filled. Applicants who are appointed to a UNM continuing position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM. The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information about the UNM Department of Philosophy, please visit our website (http://philosophy.unm.edu), call 505.277.2405, or email our Department Administrator, Mercedes Nysus, at email@example.com.
|– PhD (or equivalent) in Philosophy or related field (such as South Asian Studies, Religious Studies, or Buddhist Studies) by the start of the appointment- Research specialization in Buddhist Philosophy|
|– Potential for producing a strong record of publications in Buddhist Philosophy- Potential for teaching excellence in courses taught in a university or college setting
– Ability to teach courses that contribute to the Department’s undergraduate major programs
– Ability to work effectively with students and colleagues
– Ability to work effectively in a philosophically diverse department
– A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as to working with broadly diverse communities.
|Open Until Filled|
Teaching Philosophy (Faculty/Exec)
|1) In a cover letter of 1-2 pages, briefly describe the qualifications and supporting evidence that demonstrate (a) your potential for excellence in this position and (b) your ability to work effectively in a philosophically diverse department.2) On the curriculum vitae, please include (a) a listing of all college- or university-level courses you have taught; and (b) the full contact information of those who will be providing references. (See item #4 below for instructions for how confidential letters are to be submitted.)
3) Under “Teaching Philosophy,” please submit no more than 20 pages of evidence of teaching effectiveness, which might include peer and/or student evaluations of teaching as well as syllabi from recently taught Philosophy courses.
4) Please request that three confidential letters of reference be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the candidate’s name appearing in the subject line. Only applications that include three confidential letters of recommendation will be considered complete, and to ensure best consideration, all letters must be received by 19 October 2016.
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM continuing appointment are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM
Note: All attachments must be submitted in pdf.
Inquiries can be addressed to: Mercedes Nysus, Department Administrator, Email: email@example.com
|The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.|